Sunday, December 11, 2005

Oh, Christmas Tree!

Thursday it was decided that we should get a "real" tree this year. We haven't had a real tree in forever. So we headed over to the great Christmas shop known as Home Depot. There we picked out a huge tree and one of the very few stands that were left, which cost almost as much as the tree. We then had to push it to the check out counter, push it to the blazer and load it up, the damn thing was heavy. Then when we got home we had to haul it in and get it set up in the stand. I think that alone took over an hour. Then we started putting on the lights, realizing we didn't have enough and would either have to dig through the storage sheds to find more or go shopping again, we made a trip to Walgreens. We also stopped at Starbucks while we were out figuring we would need the extra energy, which we did. We then finished decorating the tree while listening to Bing Crosby, so you can't get anymore Christmasy than that. We broke some lights and the dog broke a ornament, mixed with the pine needles I had to vacuum when we were done. I think we headed out in search of a tree at around 4 pm and we finished with everything around 11 pm. I had not at all remembered a tree being such a pain in the butt, but I imagine that is why we started using fake trees instead. Still, all my whining aside, a real tree really does look a lot better than the fake ones and ours looks really lovely and just maybe was worth the work.
Now the tree is done, all the presents are bought and mostly wrapped except for a few internet orders that haven't arrived. Today I will buy all the stuff for my cookies and start making the dough and freezing it until I am ready to bake it. I probably should also pick up the turkey and other stuff that will be OK until needed. No worries, everything will be done in time.

3 comments:

LesleyinNM said...

I love Crosby at Christmas! To me it wouldn't be Christmas without him.

AB5SY said...

Ok when do we get to see the tree? Hopefully you post a photo or two ...... and I'll be listening toCoast2Coast bumper music at my house this Christmas.(just kidding)

LesleyinNM said...

I am sure I will get around to a photo sometime soon.

I often listen to c2c bumper music too.