Monday, April 23, 2007

No Service for Schools

We were having a rainy day on Saturday and sometime around 4 pm the cable TV and cable internet went out. I didn't bother to call comcast because in the past someone else always calls and it is back on in a couple hours. Around 9 pm, while I am laying on the couch listening to Ian the TV finally came back on, but no internet. An hour later still no internet and since I am a internet junkie I decide to call comcast. What a waste of time! After giving him all the information he needed he decided I needed a service call and he put me on hold to set it up. About 5 minutes later he come back on the phone and says he is having a hard time setting up a service call and I need to hold longer. About 15 minutes later he finally gets back on the phone and tells me that he can't set up a service call because I am listed as a school. Huh? I tell him that I am not a school, but that doesn't matter because he says that I am listed as one and I will have to physically go to the comcast office to explain that I am not a school in order to get a repair man to come over. I hang up. I am guessing this idiot was somehow looking at the wrong account even after I gave him all my info, because I have called for repairs before and never had anyone tell me that I am a school. Even if I was a school, why wouldn't I be able to get a repair guy?
So yesterday I finally get my laptop and everything I need for it packed up to go to Starbucks and check my email and such and right as I am about to leave the internet comes back on. Almost exactly 24 hours after it went off it just suddenly and for no reason I know of comes back on. Hopefully it will continue to stay on because I really don't want to have to deal with comcast.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't that piss you off? What the hell is up with customer service these days?

LesleyinNM said...

I was way pissed off. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been on hold all that time just for him to tell me that he couldn't do anything. It isn't like I have the choice of another provider either, the only other connections I can get here are dial up. I guess at least I know not to bother calling them in the future and just wait for it to come back on.

ericswan said...

I'm thinking conspiracy here. Hehehe..;)

binnall said...

I agree with Eric.

Me thinks the powers that be heard about your new UFO magazine column.