Friday, March 31, 2006

Marlon Brando - RIP















That is him, the large fish in the picture and now he is gone. We started out with 2 fish over 5 years ago, Marlon and Denise. Marlon grew to be the biggest fish in the pond, king of the pond, and over the years he and Denise had many children and grandchildren. There are at least 30 fish in my pond, they are hard to count, but Marlon was the special one, he would always come greet us and was immediately easy to spot because of his size. Wednesday night, the terrorist Raccoon returned and took him. I know I shouldn't hold anything against the Raccoon for doing what is natural to him and yet I do. Pooka tried to get out there in time to save him, but it was too late. I didn't know until yesterday when I went out to feed them and he was nowhere to be found. I also think the terrorist raccoon had something to do with James Bond's (my cat) fall or jump from the roof. I can come up with no other reason he would do that unless he had been chased or scared by a bigger creature.
Not much else to say except - I will miss you very much Marlon, though I know you will be happy in that big pond in the sky!

4 comments:

binnall said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like you had a special bond with Marlon and that will always remain, I'm sure.

LesleyinNM said...

Thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

Lesley, sorry about your loss. Pooka, brave soul!
We've lost fish in our pond too, in the past, due to raccons. I know the racoons were only doing what comes naturally, still . . .anyway, my condolances.

LesleyinNM said...

I suppose I am lucky to have went 5 years without losing fish to the raccoons. I am sorry you have lost fish to them too. I use to think raccoons were such cute little creatures. I think differently now.