Let me start off by saying that my faith in this wonderful country is on the way to being fully restored. Not restored by the Democrats or anyone who was elected, but by the people themselves who have sent their message to those who would lord over them. The people gave an overwhelming reminder to those in DC that they work for us. I did have hopes we would take the House, but to maybe have taken the Senate too, is more than I dared dream. Thanks to all out there who have helped restore my faith in the goodness and intelligence of the American people!
Now to the Democrats. I have been so disappointed with them over the last 6 years that even though I am happy they won, I do not fully trust them. For 6 years they have been cowering like a bunch of spineless, mindless slugs. I expect people to speak their mind whether they have a chance of winning a vote or not. They can all say they voted for the war without knowing they were voting for it, but that is a lie because even I knew when they cast that vote where it would lead us, if they were not smart enough to figure that out they really shouldn't have been in office. The real reason they voted for it is because they were afraid the President would make them out to be soft on terrorism and not because they didn't know he would use that to go to war in Iraq. I hope they have now learned that the American people are smarter than the President wants them to believe. Every life lost in Iraq is blood on their hands as much as it is President Bush and his administration. However, they now have a chance to in some way try to make up for their previous mistakes.
So my message to the Democrats is - Get to work! You have a big chance to try to make up for past mistakes and maybe restore my faith in government the way the American people restored my faith in "we the people."
2 comments:
There is some nagging doubt about the integrity of the vote count, and why it turned out the way it did, but there's no question that we're in better shape today than several days ago.
The thing for them to do now is reverse the ugliness and start the impeachment process. Screw that bipartisan nonsense. I hope they're flooded with demands to get their butts in gear.
If there is question about the vote count integrity I can't imagine the questionable votes came for Democrats, but maybe I would be wrong.
Bush certainly seemed shocked by the way things turned out.
If there is impeachment, I will be shocked beyond belief. I don't see that happening. The most I hope for it not letting anymore of our freedoms be striped away and maybe investigating contracts in Iraq.
Post a Comment