Sunday, December 10, 2006

Coast to Coast Rewind


Sunday - Sean Carroll was Art's guest. He was a Senior Research Associate in Physics at Caltech and discussed time travel and dark energy. Although, I didn't hear as much as this show as I would have liked, what I heard was pretty good. Not to let that fool you because this was an all science show and not esoterica. Very interesting though and with little twists here and there.
Monday - Noory's guest was Matthew Alper. I confess, I couldn't bear to listen to much of this. Alper was a Bell favorite for a while and he is always the same guest and the same show, I had heard it all before. Without even really listening I can tell you what he talked about, the God part of the brain and how we are programmed to believe in God even though no God exists. For some reason he thinks this is a novel concept, but I have been hearing this concept long before Alper and even back in my childhood.
Tuesday - Robert Duncan discussed energy weapons. Some didn't like this show, given Duncan's disbelief in anything esoteric, but I thought it was OK. If you just want to hear about so called "non-lethal" weapons the government has this was the show for you. If you want to hear about secret alien techonolgy it wasn't.
Wednesday - First hour was Hoagland and a discussion about water on Mars. Then Noory welcomed two guests, Jason Martell and Erik Poltorak. I won't comment on Martell because I am really irritated at him for stealing friends articles and posting them on his site without crediting those who wrote them. However, Erik Poltorak seemed to be really knowledgeble in Sitchin related research. I would say Erik could have easily done the show by himself and he would have been perfectly fine.
Thursday - Robert Stanley was the guest. He was there to talk about ufos over Washington, DC. He did talk about that and a lot more. Stanley was crazy! I don't mean that in a bad way. I often call myself ufo crazy and he seemed much the same. He had all kinds of weird little stories besides just the ufos over DC and this was a pretty entertaining show.
Friday - Ed Dames was on the first hour and I skipped that and ended up skipping the entire show, which was open lines after Dames.
Saturday
c2c live with Ian Punnett - Mike Heiser was Ian's guest. He was talking about and he and Ian were testing a new software Heiser helped develop that combines all biblical ancient texts and makes them searchable. This seems to be some pretty cool software, but sounded a bit pricey for a lot of people. Most of the show seemed to be people calling in and suggesting what they should search for and it got a little boring after a while, but it certainly wasn't a complete waste of time and was mostly entertaining.
c2c am with Art Bell - Art's guest was abductee Jim Sparks. I don't even know where to start with this one except to say it was awesome! Even Art was so captivated that he let the show run on for an extra hour. I can't even remember the last time Art asked the affiliates for an extra hour. Sparks had so many fantastic stories that logic would tell you that he must be lying, but the descriptions he gave were so real that you couldn't help but believe them. I look forward to many visits from Sparks on c2c in the future.

Hands down, Saturday with Art Bell and Jim Sparks was my favorite of the week!

No comments: