Sunday, January 07, 2007

Coast to Coast Rewind


Sunday - The second night of audience predictions for the new year, hosted by Art Bell. As entertaining as open lines can be.
Monday - It was the Noory prediction special and he rotated guests in and out every 30 minutes. Guests were Joseph Jacobs, Paul Guercio and Dr. George Hart of the Merlin Project, Glynis McCants, Dr Louis Turi, Sean David Morton, Susan Miller and Gerald Celente. I am not big on prediction/psychic shows, but this was pretty entertaining even though I don't expect much of it to actually come true.
Tuesday - It was an open line show with a first hour pop in from Sam Maranto, director of the Illinois Mufon and witness to an earlier sighting near Midway airport, Don Wilkerson. They discussed the recent O'Hare Airport sighting. Noory ran some kind of contest for the pop in of the year. The contenders were Dr. Morgus, JC and Gary Busey. To my extreme horror Dr. Morgus won. I seriously worry about c2c listeners sometimes.
Wednesday - If you missed it the first time this was a great rebroadcast with Colm Kelleher and George Knapp talking about skinwalker ranch.
Thursday - First hour Art replayed the infamous "area 51" call. Yes, the pilot of a small plane that called into the Art Bell show as he flew over Area 51, he soon reported being chased by a F-15 and then being shot at. He disappeared, never to be heard from again. It was good to hear that again after all these years. Whitley Strieber was the full show guest and he and Art discussed climate change. Where I won't go so far as to totally agree with the guy who fast blasted Art that a 2 hour weather report was boring, I do somewhat agree. I consider it more than a weather report and I think the climate change topic is really important to those who haven't heard about global warming and such, but after dozens of c2c shows on the topic it does become boring. On the other hand, I did really enjoy the small amount of time they spent talking about ufos, which is something I never tire of.
Friday - Ian Punnett filled in on open lines Friday. I missed the guest the first hour, but I did hear a lot of the rest of the show. The open line topic was about people who feel that they are really animals (or animal souls) trapped in a human body. I was ROTFL when Ian asked the lady who felt she was a dog if that was reflected during sex.
Saturday
c2c live with Ian Punnett - Ian and R. Gary Patterson! Could things get much better for a Saturday evening? Only if you added in film maker Dan Bliss and Jim Morrison's former brother-in-law, Alan Graham. First up with Ian and Gary was Bliss who talked about the Elvis documentary he has been making. The big news that came out of that portion was that Bliss had tracked down the Elvis grave robber who is in the FBI witness protection program (for something else) and the grave robber told him that Elvis' dad Vernon had paid him to rob the grave because the city of Memphis wouldn't let Elvis be buried at Graceland. Thanks to that incident the city changed it's mind. The next guest, Alan Graham told one of the funniest stories that I think I have ever heard. Graham wanted to make a movie about his brother in law Jim Morrison back before the Oliver Stone movie, at the same time he was working for Sylvester Stallone. Stallone got it into his head that he could play Morrison so he put on a fake wig and started singing Doors songs for Graham. Graham quite honestly told him that he had never heard anything like that before. Just the image of that in my head will probably make me laugh every time I think of it. A totally entertaining show from start to finish.
c2c am with Art Bell - Lee Baumann was Art's guest. Baumann talked about light being god, god being light, OBEs, intelligent design and many other things. I had my doubts about this show, but it really ended up being pretty darn good and I liked Baumann.

My favorite show of the week could have been Whitley, but not enough ufo talk, so instead my favorite ended up being Saturday with R. Gary Patterson.

No comments: