Wednesday, January 24, 2007

This and That

Good thing I have a spare computer or I would be really angry right now. Monday I called to check on my computer and they had done the hardware diagnostic and found nothing wrong with the hardware. They had already done a software diagnostic and decided there was nothing wrong with that. When I talked to them they were running an "advanced" diagnostic and were suppose to call me when they knew something. As I said that was on Monday and they haven't called yet. My computer has now been there over a week.

I got my first MUFON journal in the mail on Monday. It is much better than I had expected. There is an article by Bruce Maccabee about a ufo detected by thermal imagining, which sounds truly interesting. Also, Stanton Friedman's column and some other good stuff. If I had known the MUFON journal was so good I would have joined years ago.

A bit of Serpo related news or gossip, I received an email from Bill Ryan that says this -

If you’ve not been able to access this interview (or the Project Camelot site), the reason is that today we’ve been experiencing a very heavy Denial of Service attack which we were told was sourced from the Department of Defense.

He is talking about the Gordon Novel interview. I should like a bit more information on how whoever it was came to the conclusion they were being hacked by the DOD, rather than just some bored individual who doesn't like Ryan, which there are many of. Really, if they have some sort of proof that it is the DOD that should be made public for all to see.

4 comments:

ericswan said...

http://www.freespywareremoval.info/spyware-removal/hijack_this.html

Run this proggie on your laptop. Print the results. Familiarize yourself with all the .exe's on the list and see if any of these are suspicious.

If you're not sure just leave it alone. However, if you are suspicious compare the same printout to your computer in the shop to see if there are .exe programs that are messing with your system.

Anyway, the program is free and I couldn't get by without it. MSN spends alot of their time spying on your system and some of their .exe's are spying on you as is google. You will recognize other operations for software or homepage addies that you are satisfied do not spy on your system. Save those to the "ignore" list and watch for anything new that comes up when you run the program Hijack This which I run at least once a week. Only takes 2 or 3 seconds to run.

LesleyinNM said...

I use spybot, which is free and the best spyware program I have ever used. I have tried it against big name software and it always finds thing that they leave behind. I also have Nortons running all the time. Still that program sounds useful and I will give it a try too.

Lovecrafty said...

Spybot is pretty good, but I also use Adaware. You can get it (free) here.
Working in tandem, they both do a good job of keeping a machine free of malware .

I had to laugh at what you wrote about the Bruce Maccabee article in MUFON's journal. Thermal Imagining? Is that something new?! Or did you mean thermal imaging?

But seriously, I have been checking out your blog for a while and I think it's great. I wish I had the time to do something similar. Keep up the good work. And I hope you get your 'puter back soon.

LesleyinNM said...

Oh Goodness! Thermal Imagining! That is a funny typo, so I shall leave it. I did mean thermal imaging though.

Thanks for stopping by!