Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Prestige

I finally got to see The Prestige now that it has come out on DVD. It is one of those that I wanted to see in the theater and somehow never got around to doing it. Kind of a shame that I missed it on the big screen because it was fabulous. So far as movies go, it was very complex and even after it was over I found myself piecing together things that hadn't quite been put together in my mind as I was watching. As most probably know I am a huge David Bowie fan and I thought he did a great job as Tesla. That would be my only complaint, too little Tesla! Ahh, but the light bulbs drawing power out of the ground, priceless. Hugh Jackman was wonderful as always. Christian Bale, who I really only know from Batman did a fantastic job in this totally unbatman like role. I will have to give it something I very rarely give, my 5 star rating! I totally enjoyed it!

No comments: