Friday, April 20, 2007

Ufology Police?


In ufology and other paranormal research there are very few facts. The facts normally are something like FOIA documents, photos, video and eyewitness testimony (which is not always considered fact). UFO researchers normally take these facts and try to come to a logical conclusion based on them, others come to not so logical conclusions.

The ones who come to the not so logical conclusions are normally considered frauds, or crazies, or other not so nice terms. I enjoy the uncoventional theories, even if I don't always believe them. I will use John Lear for an example, I personally do not believe a lot of the stuff he says and yet he is truly interesting and entertaining when he is a guest on c2c and I always listen. There are other guests that may be more logical and scientific in their research, but some of them are so dry and boring that it is like work to have to listen to them. My guess is that if any ufo related show, or magazine had to depend only on the "real researchers," as they are called by some, they would quickly go off the air or off the newsstands. For one thing, there aren't that many so they would be spread pretty thin and second, people would become pretty bored hearing only the known facts and the same "logical conclusions" all the time.

Third, when any group tries to ban certain theories from radio or print and no matter how crazy those theories may be, it bothers me. If someone has really researched something, really putting time and effort into it, why should they feel so threatened by someone who hasn't? I often poke fun at Ed Dames and Sean David Morton because they are almost always wrong, but I don't want them banned from c2c because of that. In the past, before I had heard them way too often, I actually found them entertaining, sometimes I still do. Should I want them banned because a few people might waste money on their tapes or newsletters? I don't think so, if there are people who are too stupid to spend a couple clicks on the internet finding out how often they are wrong, their money will soon be taken by someone.

Lastly, who would these Ufology police be? Even the most respected UFO researchers often disagree on who is doing the real research and who isn't. Even when they agree on whether there is real research being done by someone they don't always agree with the conclusions that person has come to.

Everyone will always believe who and what they believe. Anyone who wants to weed out those that they think are the crazies might want to stop and think for a moment, is it possible that some people think you are crazy? There might be some who want you weeded out.

First they might come for David Icke, then Richard C. Hoagland, then Jeff Rense and so on and so on, but they would eventually get to you.

5 comments:

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Right you are. Much as I laugh at Icke and Rense, better have them in the open than make them martyrs of the Big Brother.

Besides, one can have a good laugh on their account from time to time ;-)

JaneDoughnut said...

Great essay.
My boyfriend teases me endlessly for my interest in, and desire to believe in, UFO's. I tell him he has no imagination. The mysteries are fascinating.

Regan Lee said...

Bravo, Lesley! (I like it when you write your own opinions; you should do more.)

As you probably know, I rant about this a lot; those that want to rid the UFO field of various things; basically, whatever they don't like, agree with, or find embarrassing. Or those who won't release UFO information until only the "real" researchers are left, or those who deny access in self imposed importance and UFO gate keepers -- eeking out just a few tidbits to those they decide are worthy.

There are some I don't agree with, others that even tick me off, lol, some I find "embarrassing" but so what? It's all part of it, and we need all of it.

Good piece, needs to be said!

Chloe TimeWalker said...

Why do you think I write my experiences under a Pen Name lol
Chloe
p.s. I think at some point the governments are going to want more control and they might come after people like us/me. So I'm always wavering between getting the message out and or just hiding away.

Anonymous said...

The problem with the ufo situation as far as reporting it,is that nearly everybody engaged in the research end enter into it with a heavy bias, namely that we are dealing with a nuts and bolts phenomena. The reports usually include the information that supports their view of a multitude of species visiting planet earth and that they are basically an understandable force that we wish to communicate with. Take a look at the reports in depth with the unedited wittness testimony and it is truly astounding. Without fail there are so many extremely unnusual events and stimulaie that surround the whole of the phenomena that only the most intelligent observer realises that we are being played a dangerous game. Physical matter and space time are not as straightforward as we would like. The occupants give us false and misleading info repeatedly, and in many cases has led to complete break down or suicide in the contactee.people have been killed.The only viable answer to intense study of the subject is not that they are aliens but that they are masquerading as such and in doing so are employing an extremely sophisticated form of psychological warfare upon humankind. This force must already be here and probably in great numbers to need a ruse to keep us looking above our heads. I,E they are most probably underneath our feet. We posses something which they covet, and considering that they are unlike us in just about every way concievable it is something that which we are unaware of even to exist, possably biological or energetic. Just my take on it.