Sunday, July 15, 2007

Coast to Coast Rewind


I am not sure if this is really a c2c rewind, but it is as close as I can come this week.

There were only two shows that I found interesting enough to listen to more than 30 minutes or so. The first was Thursday with Mike Heiser. Heiser discussed ufos and gave his take of Sitchin. Many will be disappointed to know that I pretty much agree with Heiser on Sitchin. From what I can tell his translations of ancient text seem to be off, I don't know how else to put it. I know nothing of translating ancient text, but having talked to people who do, I would have to say that Sitchin puts his own interpretation where needed. There is nothing particularly wrong with that, interpretation is sometimes needed or wanted. However, I refuse to believe that humans were created as a slave race to mine gold. Not because I think we are so wonderful, but because I would think that a race that is advanced enough to be able to create humans (or genetically modify them) and trek the universe would have technology that could do a much better job than humans. Like some kind of advanced gold detector that would tell them where the gold is and then they could just beam it out of the stone and onto their ships.

I also listened last night to Ian Punnett and Dan Kurzman. Kurzman has a new book out and told the fascinating tale of how Hilter had planned to kidnap the Pope and take over the Vatican. The reason this didn't work is that the people he put in charge of the operation (who Kurzman had interviewed) sabotaged his plans. Given the Pope and the Vatican's actions during WW2, I almost feel like that would have been well deserved, but it was not to be. Still, a completely engrossing tale and if you get a chance to listen, I would highly recommend it. Ian still rocks!

On a sad note, July 12th saw the death of what had become known as The Coast Riders. There is now only a note where the message boards used to be, saying that c2c still wants your feedback on shows and you can email or fast blast. So many obscene words I could type about that note, but I won't, I don't want to be kicked off blogger. For now, instead of cursing George Noory, I will say that he may some day wish that he had paid some attention to the criticism and suggestions on those message boards. I will have more to say in Grey Matters on Tuesday.
George Noory was also on the Larry King Show last Friday. It was probably the only time in recent memory where he did nothing to piss me off. Michael Shermer and Buzz Aldrin were apparently there for that purpose and they did a far better job than Noory could ever hope to do.

Except for Craig Hines, who will be discussing ancient manuscripts, there doesn't seem to be any promising sounding c2c shows next week. For those who are interested, there is a kiss ass Art Bell tribute on Wednesday. If I heard Noory right last week, there was even a special song commissioned to honor Art Bell that will be played. If that doesn't make you gag, I don't know what will.

No comments: