Sunday, July 22, 2007

Coast to Coast Rewind


As compared to the previous weeks with the retirement of Art Bell, c2c live being canceled and the destruction of the Coast Rider Boards, this week was somewhat uneventful.

Wednesday was the Art Bell tribute show. In all honesty this was more fun than I had expected. Ian Punnett showed up to joke about being moved around by c2c all the time. Richard C. Hoagland made a prediction that Art Bell will return. Other guests included Dannion Brinkley, George Knapp, Seth Shostak, Evelyn Paglini, Sean David Morton, Linda Moulton Howe and more that slip my mind right now. Whitley Strieber also showed up, but only for like a minute, which was weird since out of all the people that came on, he was the only one I know of that is actually real friends with Art. I loved hearing the clip of Art gluing his lips together again. By far the worst thing about this show was the cheesy and really downright horrible tribute song. Why did that have to be so long?

Saturday I found that c2c live wasn't actually canceled, but instead had morphed into something called Art Bell: Somewhere in Time. It is suppose to be a best of Art Bell type show. The problem with that is that nobody working at c2c seems to know what the best is, if they did I am sure we would not have had a replay of Art's interview with Richard Boylan.

Sadly, I did not get to hear all of Ian last night. I heard the first hour and the half with DC Madam, Deborah J. Palfrey. I thought that was pretty damn interesting. Sounds like this woman is being framed, not that she wasn't a madam, but there is something weirder than meets the eye going on with this story. Ian as always asked very interesting questions.

For me the big news of the week is that Ian has a blog!!! I have already been over there to bother him and will be adding it to my links in a few minutes. For years I have been bugging c2c hosts to get blogs, or at the very least myspace pages and Ian is the only one that is brave enough. Figures, doesn't it?

Except for the Ouija board special (which should be entertaining in a goofy way) and a possibly interesting guest host tonight, next week looks to suck so far. Sean David Morton, need I say more?

No comments: