Monday, July 02, 2007

Monster!




















I finally got Neil's book in the mail on Friday. I haven't completely finished it yet, but I am far enough along to comment.
It is easy to look at it and think it is a cryptozoology book, but it isn't. Really an encyclopedia of Zooforms (I believe that term was coined by Jon Downes), which are paranormal creatures, not necessarily being of flesh and blood. I suppose they could be flesh and blood creatures that are not of this dimension and come and go as they wish.
I would say at least half the creatures in this book I have never heard of, but it could be far more.
I find it very interesting, so far as common threads seem to run through many different cultures, with for example, mothman. He may not be called mothman, but there are similar creatures in almost every culture, so far as I can tell and it is that way with many other creatures.
There is much food for the imagination in this book and I do love it!
I will be adding a link in the sidebar, but I will also suggest you visit Neil's site or Amazon and check it out for yourself.

2 comments:

Neil A said...

Lesley, thank you for the publicity and the kind words, I hope you and many others find something very eerie yet also enjoyable in the book.

Neil

LesleyinNM said...

I have been enjoying it very much! I am sure that I will also use it for reference a lot.