Thursday, July 19, 2007

Strolling the Crypto Garden

I came across these cool creatures when I was strolling Shidoni's sculpture garden.
I actually had fun yesterday while waiting for Britton to do whatever he was doing with his sculptures. Normally I sit under a tree and read a book, but yesterday was actually cool and cloudy enough to walk around. First I walked down to the other gallery that I had never been to, in fact, I wasn't even sure it was a gallery. There was some very cool work in there and out on the patio. Next, I decided to follow the tourists over to the glassworks. I have purposely avoided going in there because I totally love glass work. I wasn't disappointed, there was some truly beautiful glass vases and such. I ended up buying a lovely lampwork bracelet, with dichroic glass cabs. I used to actually do lampworking myself. I loved melting and shaping glass with that hot torch, but I haven't done it for years and certainly I never became as good at it as whoever made the bracelet I bought is. Some day I would like to start doing it again though.
After leaving the foundry we stopped for some food. The little place we stopped at had the best green chili cheeseburger that I have had in ages, maybe that I have ever had. Sometimes I think of going vegan altogether, but I would totally miss my green chili cheeseburgers. Lucky for the cows, I only eat meat once a week or so.































3 comments:

Alfred Lehmberg said...

Great stuff!

Expression such as this is the kind of thing that keeps the "Vogons" (or "Vorlons", either, now that I think about it... forgetting the "Shadows" and their obvious interest...) from just vaporizing our planet out of hand, I think.

...And then there is the sculpture you photographed, as well. [g].


alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com

LesleyinNM said...

Anything I can do to keep the planet from being vaporized I am always happy to pitch in with. :-)

Barkfoot said...

You'd give yourself a scare wandering onto this property after dark!