Thursday, January 31, 2008

UFO Hunters Again

Yes, I did watch History's UFO Hunters last night. I plan on watching scifi too, I have it burned for later. What else can I do? I am a UFO junkie after all and therefore I must watch both.

I enjoyed HC's UFO Hunters, but I will confess to being a little jealous. Scuba diving and looking for "parts" in the woods sounds like great fun to me. Then they got to watch all those neat scientific experiments being done on stuff which also looked cool, though I imagine the lag time on that which the audience didn't see was pretty dull. Britton enjoyed it as well. Though in reality he is less critical of such shows because he doesn't keep up on things. He hadn't even heard of the Maury Island UFOs before that, which is pretty normal for people who aren't very into Ufology, meaning 99.9% of people. I like hearing Britton's opinion because I know what I think and that opinion may be bias due to what I already knew that I had to hear repeated, but he represents the majority of the population and I don't.

The best part was -- no debunkers! Sure there were the science guys who ran tests and gave opinions, but nobody was there just to convince you that nothing strange happened.

Anyhow, I can't wait for next week, which I believe will deal with USOs.

3 comments:

ericswan said...

Here's a link to a website that explains everything..

http://www.commutefaster.com/EnergySuppressionGV.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Lesley,

I watched the The History Channel last night. I like the cast and what they brought to the table. I thought that they did a good job investigating the Maury Island incident. I am very interested in USO's and look forward to the next episode. I did flip to SciFi during commercials and found the overlay of loud sound effects/music annoying. That turns me off big time. I think that both shows will appeal to different audiences depending on what format they like.

LesleyinNM said...

I have seen several comments today about scifi being annoying to watch because of the sound effects and music. I think you are right, it is meant to appeal to a different audience. Nothing wrong with that. I hope it does attract more young people to ufology. I still haven't watched, but I have a feeling I may keep my finger on the volume button during a lot of it because I am not one of the young people it is aimed at. :-)