Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The weird journey home

I am too tired and lazy to update with news posts, but I can babble a bit.

We had a fun day with friends in Los Alamos. We stayed much later than expected and ended up driving home through some very strange storms. One minute raining so hard you couldn't see the road and the next minute completely dry.

Now for the paranormal part of the drive back -- you knew there had to be one, didn't you? There we are on Turquoise Trail, no rain at that time, about 10 miles north of San Antonito. It was around 9:30 pm. The reason I know where we were was I had just seen a sign saying it was 11 miles to San Antonito (maybe it is San Antonio, I get confused) and I had told Britton the story of the phantom civil war camp and soldiers that people have witnessed there. Suddenly we both see a car coming in the other direction (it's lights are on, of course). It is almost like it came out of nowhere and it was pretty close by then, Britton dimmed the brights to be polite and for a moment the car was still coming and then I will be damned if that car did not vanish into thin air. I kid you not, we both looked as we passed where it should be and there was no car on the road, or the shoulder and no road or anywhere for it to have turned into -- it was just gone. I totally said nothing and waited to see if it was only me who had witnessed a car vanish. Sure enough, he did notice and I am not crazy. He said "a car just completely disappeared." I breathed a sigh of relief and agreed.

1 comment:

Atrueoriginall said...

New Mexico is the weirdest state to drive through at night. I always feel like I'm hallucinating. It's a trip to take a NM trip at night. Cool story.