Thursday, June 04, 2009

Land of the Lost


I am sitting here contemplating important questions, like if I want to see the movie version of Land of the Lost. LOTL was my FAVORITE Saturday morning show when I was a kid, except for maybe HR Pufnstuf. Sadly HR went off the air long before LOTL. Anyhow, I can't decide if I want to see the movie because I am afraid it will somehow ruin a goofy kid's show about time travel, reptilian beings and crystals that light up in different colors and can even change the weather. Yes, in many ways it was a stupid show, but I have fond memories of it and would be really upset if it was too different from the goofy way I remember it. :-) I do have to say the Sleestaks above that are from the movie are pretty goofy and yet cool looking -- really close to the original. Their eyes remind me of "The Grays." Likely I will wait for it to come out on DVD, but you never know I may actually pay the big bucks for the big screen.

1 comment:

GL said...

I loved that show when I was a lad. I find it hard to believe the film can replicate the kind of natural camp and unashamed goofiness that the original had. I hope I'm wrong.