Tuesday, August 04, 2009

This and That


Steven Spielberg remaking Pulitzer-winning 'Harvey' and I haven't a clue why. I am sure Regan will agree with me, there is nothing about Harvey that needs to be remade. Is he going to update it to modern times? There goes much of it's charm right there, not to mention there is nobody who can replace Jimmy Stewart or the wonderful Josephine Hull. The whole idea is just ridiculous! If Mr. Spielberg has nothing better to waste time and money on than remaking films that don't need to be remade, perhaps he should retire.

And BTW, where is that paranormal social networking site that Spielberg was suppose to be creating?

Christian Mace has lots of new stuff up at his blog. Lots of sightings and photos, one really weird one from China that looks like a large floating stone.

Speaking of blogs, you should always check Bruce Duensing's blog. I try to link to all his posts here, but somehow every once in a while I seem to miss one. I really don't know how Bruce manages to write so many fantastic blog posts. I am in awe!

8 comments:

Atrueoriginall said...

Saw this morning, though you might be interested.

N.M. ghost town/bar convincingly earns its title

LesleyinNM said...

Thanks! I will post it at LOWFI.

Sounds like an interesting place to visit sometime.

Regan Lee said...

I agree Lelsey; the original Harvey was great, and no need to remake it. They did remake it awhile ago, with Harry Anderson (remember "Night Court?") I think it was a made for TV movie. I only saw about a third of it but it was bad, in my opinion.

As far as Bruce goes, I know what you mean; every time I read him I just think to myself "Why do I bother?" his stuff is so great.

Have a great day! I'm off to the coast...

Regan Lee said...

Lesley, I just had to write this before I took off; see http://orangeorb.blogspot.com/2009/08/
spirit-world-contacts-dad.html

at the Orange Orb.
"Spirit World Contacts?: Dad Synchronicities

ericswan said...

another day another orb..

http://projectcamelot.org/Zurich_Conference_orb_lg.jpg

Bruce Duensing said...

Thanks for the compliments..I have been battling and baiting a christian fundamentalist on Ufology at Dept 47..Joe Capp wrote a great post on theocratic nazi's..Alfred would enjoy the fray at 47..Thanks again.The word verification for these comments on certain gatekeepers is pander. Synchronicity strikes.
Best Wishes
Bruce

LesleyinNM said...

Regan - I didn't know about the TV movie remake and I hope to never see it. Maybe your dad is trying to tell you something. I hope it is where he hid the millions! :-)

Bruce - I had to go check Dept 47. We just banned a certain fundie from the UFO Mag forum and I thought maybe he had gone over there. It seems to be a different one though. The writing is better and I didn't see where he accused anyone of attacking his religion because they don't agree. The one we had considered any different POV an attack on his religion - one of the reasons he is gone.

Bruce Duensing said...

My sense of this is of a person who told me to seek the truth as if I had not done so, presumed to know what I thought, hides behind a fake name, etc, etc..I had enough of these passive aggressive hooks using the paranormal as a facist ploy...ugh. I have always had an allergic reaction to presumed authority without a demonstrative, positive rationale. Cest la Vie