Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Addicted to the superstition of materialism

Larry King Live was awesome last night! I really felt that Dr. Chopra showed up Shermer for exactly what he is -- a fundamentalist that is "addicted to the superstition of materialism." Even Dr. Gupta said " It is bad for you, Michael, to be so skeptical." Chopra also told Shermer " You've conditioned yourself to believe in a certain way and now your neurons will reinforce your belief system." I think anyone who has ever listened to Shermer speak knows that is totally true.

Anyhow, you can read the entire transcript here.

I have ended up with an extra day to pack and get ready because there is a snow storm and there is no way I am driving up to Taos in the middle of a snow storm tomorrow, so I just changed our reservations around a bit. Hopefully the roads will be clear enough by Christmas Eve, especially since they (the state, cities and counties) know that many people will be driving to Grandma's or wherever for the holiday.

PS:
4 a.m. - It is snowing! There is already about 2 inches or at least that is what it seems to me. So glad I changed those reservations!

No comments: