Friday, January 06, 2012

Denying the necessity of Science.....

While I may agree there should be some sort of scientific investigation (if possible) - should that investigation be fruitless it does not mean that nothing went on or that there is no Bigfoot roaming around.
The Search For Bigfoot: Denying the necessity of Science.....

1 comment:

Regan Lee said...

I just left a comment over there. Maybe I'm not articulating myself well. When I say "fuck science" I mean it. That's not articulate, but it is to the point.Some are stuck on the theory BF is a giant ape. Maybe it is. Others go off on boring tangents about similarities on bear prints and BF casts and oh, I don't know. I really don't care. This infuriates a lot of BF researchers, as well as some witnesses. I do agree that the habitats of all wildlife is being impacted, daily, all over this planet, and it is not doubt harming BF. Which brings up the question of protections, etc. We do need to think about that. But what happens is people get in a loop of "it doesn't exist, or, we're not sure it does, so how can we protect it, make laws about not killing one, ..if it doesn't exist?" I just had a thought -- BF teams will often have a skeptic along, they'll have scientists and experienced woodsmen types, but they don't have a "mythologist" or a folklore minded person along. In other words, a Fortean. An anomalist junkie. That's what's needed as well. I realize many BF researchers will be against this idea but we need Nick Redfern types out there. Lisa Shiels and Autumn Williams types. (The latter who used to have her own show, actually, years ago.) Now that'd be interesting!