As some of you know, I am a huge Neil Gaiman fan. I first discovered Neil back when he was writing the graphic novel series Sandman. So because of that when I think of Dream or Dreams there is quite a bit of Sandman lore involved in it.
Basically, Sandman (Morpheus, Dream and other names) is the King of the Dreaming. The Dreaming being the place we find ourselves when we are sleeping. The Dreaming isn't full of glitter and butterflies, it can be quite a dangerous place and the Dream Lord is not always kind, though IMO, he is normally fair.
You know you are way too much of a fan when the Sandman often pops up in your actual dreams to tell you things or give advice. It is actually somewhat frightening when you remember it the following day and wonder if maybe he isn't just a fictional character - he seems so real!
Somewhere, on some burnt out harddrive, exists a fictional Roswell story I wrote where the crashed UFO and aliens were not from space, but they had escaped The Dreaming during the Sandman's captivity. Yes, a fan in the true fanatical sense.


No comments:
Post a Comment