Thursday, September 06, 2012

Stuff


I have been meaning to post this.  It is a photo of the cool retablo Greg and Sigrid Bishop gave me when they visited a couple weeks ago.  I totally love it!

This is the translation Scott Corrales did of the writing:

‎"I publicly thank and dedicate this retablo (religious image) to Our Lord or Mercy, as one day while returning home a flying saucer appeared in my path. I entrusted myself to him and he kept me from being spirited away by the Martians. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.--Mrs. Socorro Barron, Juventino Rosas, Guanajuato, 12.08.76"

My MacBook was supposedly fixed and shipped back to me yesterday.  I am waiting to get it and make sure it works properly before I get too excited.

The week of the 17th I will likely be taking a few days off because we will have people visiting from out of state.  I may take off a day here and there before then because I am trying to get the house ready for guests and we don't even really have a "guest room" anymore.  For years, it has been what we call "the library" because it is full of book shelves and now we have to set up some sort of bed in there again.  Looks like they will have to live with the inflatable kind. :-D

4 comments:

Regan Lee said...

What a lovely piece to have Lesley. (I've linked to it on ufo-mary.)

Kandinsky said...

It's a keeper.

I thought I knew my art terminology and hadn't seen 'retablo' before so I looked it up to work out what medium was used. Thanks for making me learn something knew today.

There's a triptych in the Lady Chapel of Liverpool Cathedral that I've looked at many times and now I know it's probably a retablo.

LesleyinNM said...

Retablo are quite common here in NM, but I hadn't seen one with a UFO before. Greg and Sigrid found it a shop here that I had never heard of before. I plan on visiting there soon and stopping by whenever I am in that area.

LesleyinNM said...

Thanks Regan and Kandinsky!