Thursday, October 18, 2012

Update

Hi y'all!  I am not updating again and may not for the next day or two.  My indoor kitty (Khan) managed to get out last Friday night and I have been going crazy trying to find him.  I know that he was still alive Wednesday night because a neighbor spotted him.  It wouldn't be so worrying if I lived in town, but last Monday night (or maybe Tuesday) by sheer coincidence or synchronicity we managed to save him from being dinner for a coyote.  Anyhow, I have put in many even later nights than normal (way into the sunrise time) trying to get him home and I am just totally exhausted.  The wonderful people at PACA lent me a cat trap and last night we managed to catch a stray that has been hanging around and get him to animal humane so he can find a good home.  I am really hoping tonight is Khan's turn, but I can't go out there and look until morning - he is acting strangely and I don't want to scare him away, so I am going to try to get some much needed sleep.

4 comments:

purrlgurrl said...

Hope you find him soon. I understand your concern. Where I live coyotes are a constant danger to outside pets so I can imagine how worried you must be. Here, if a pet doesn't come home it's because . . . Fingers crossed that your story has a happy ending.

Sam G said...

My cat got out the other night and I freaked. I have him trained to respond to my whistle and (thankfully) he came back. I'm sending positive thjoughts and vibes to you and Khan.

LesleyinNM said...

Thank you Purrlgurrl and Sam!

Lon Strickler said...

I hope you manage to find him safe and sound...