Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Bavarian and Red Rum



I will be heading home today. I miss my pets terribly! That is not to say that I didn't have a good time, but I will still be glad to get home. May take me a day or two to recover before I start posting here again, at least fully. My schedule is kind of messed up, to say the least.

No sign of the Taos Bigfoot while I was here. Maybe I will have better luck in the town of Taos today rather than the ski valley where I have been the past few days.

Photos above are the place we ate last night, The Bavarian. We had to catch a special shuttle ride up the mountain to it because you can't make it without 4-wheel drive. Those photos are from the website because none of mine came out very good. Excellent food and I ate way too much, including proper apple strudel with cream and ice cream - which totally reminded me of Inglorious Basterds since I had watched it again before we left. :)

As for something strange, the shuttle driver on the the way back down was telling us how he is left in charge of the lodge in the winter and how he sometimes feels like Jack Nicholson in The Shining. At one point he repeated "red rum" several times, while telling us about it. Kind of a not so cozy feeling as someone drives you down a mountain on an icy road. :o

2 comments:

Atrueoriginall said...

That place looks sooo cool. I love mountain ski resort areas. I've never been to Taos but I've been to Mammoth Mountain and it's very similar to those pictures of yours. They used to hold motocross races there in the spring time so we went frequently.

Can't ski though, I have big hunkin staples in my knees from surgery - from motorcycles of course and the doc said I can never ski - darn, waa, waa.

Welp, hope you had a great time.

LesleyinNM said...

I suck at skiing and snowboarding, so instead I shopped. Didn't buying anything more than some homemade chocolate, but I still had fun.