Yesterday I received something from blogger that I have never received before, a DMCA notice. Yes, someone accusing me of infringement! I was totally shocked! As you all know, I work very hard to NOT infringe on anyone's writing or photos. I often use a photo to draw attention to a link, in this case, a UFO Digest Article.
I got so befuddled by it all that I somehow clicked a link that I thought was the complaint against me and it was filed by a software company. Later, when I was in my somewhat right mind I noticed the date on it was 2003 and realized it was some sort of sample page.
So I went back and checked Christian's article/video and soon found the video and photo came from The Sun, which tells you quite clearly that they are copyrighted by The Sun. I will have to be more careful in the future to check where things originate from. I have screen capped from The Sun in the past, the difference was that I linked to their article. In this case I was unaware that it existed because I didn't have time to watch the video which I thought was on the UFO Digest site, but actually it was on The Sun site.
No comments:
Post a Comment