Yesterday I was accused of favoritism in regards to a post by Lon Strickler. First off, I hardly know Lon. I know him because of his blog, but it isn't like we regularly exchange emails. In fact, I don't think we have ever exchanged emails. I honestly happened to like his post.
That isn't to say that there isn't favoritism here, just not in that case. There is favoritism in the posting. You will notice that UFO links always go at the top, cryptozoology, esoteric and other types of links are below those. Sometimes I miss one of those and it ends up near the top or sometimes if I am using it as a photo post. That is because this was only going to be a UFO blog, but I do have some interest in those other topics so they also ended up being included.
Yeah, if I write at a blog (like UFO Mystic) or run a blog (like UFO Mag), probably those links will be nearer the top. For friends that mention me often at their blogs I like to return the favor by putting their post links nearer the top sometimes. After all, it is my blog.
However, most of the time when I am setting up posts (meaning not in a hurry and just quickly posting, which often happens) it is the posts with the catchy titles that go at the top. So someone coming to this page for the first time might see something that catches their eye right from the start.
So there are the secrets of my "favoritism."
7 comments:
Nutty.
I get the impression people think everyone in the UFO/Paranormal world all know each other and are intimately close. I mean, it's a small area, for sure -- but not that small.\
When it comes to my posts, sometimes I notice them at the top of TDF -- but I never assumed it was intentional. In most cases I figured it was first because it was the last one that came through your updates, and therefor the last one you got to.
I do play favorites on my site, however. And by 'favorites', I mean that I tend to mention the people I respect. Kooky, eh? And since there aren't a whole lot of women involved, as a woman myself, I prefer to promote my sisters (well, unless they're bat-shit crazy).
You are triple favored Deirdre. One because you are a friend, two you mention me at your blog and three you have catchy post titles. And not to mention your good looks... :-D
*blush*
Oh Gawd yes... good looks and that much better looking because its so unattainable... forget even the aspiration... heavy sigh...
...barkeep! [g].
Agree with you Lesley on all your points you made to Deirdre, and I'll add, sometimes it's also because being "bat shit crazy" is not always a bad thing... t
So, we're not talking about P.H. then?
=|
Absolutely Regan! Here at TDF I do not always care if someone is bat shit crazy (in a good or bad way). I care that people may be interested in reading their post for whatever reason. Let's face it, even the most bat shit crazy people (in a bad way) normally have parts of a post that are totally right and that most can agree with. Why should I make it easy for others by sorting stuff out? :-D
Post a Comment